RSS Feed

WEEK 7: Leadership (Jasmine’s Short Story)

3

April 30, 2014 by jasminech7

Create a comic, poem or story showing leadership skills being used.

Amy looked behind her.  There were her friends Jackson and Tabitha following her slowly.  What are we going to do? she thought.  We are in this forest and

“Quiet!” said Jackson in a loud whisper cutting off her thoughts.

Everyone was quiet and listened very closely.  There was silence, then a loud bang.  A sound of a gunshot.  Amy felt terrified as she knew that they were still being followed.  She couldn’t move even as she knew that she had to.

“Run!” screamed Tabitha who was already running past her.  Amy started to run as soon as Tabitha passed her.  She looked quickly behind her and could have sworn that she saw a giant.

* * * * * * * *

Amy was breathing very heavily.  The trio of friends were waiting inside a large hallow tree hoping that whatever was following them would leave quickly and never bother them again.  They all knew that it was unsafe to go deeply into the forest, but they all wanted a little adventure.  Little did they know that it would be their last.  Tabitha couldn’t contain herself and started to cry.

“I knew we shouldn’t have gone into this terrible place.  I knew it!” cried Tabitha.

“Quiet!  You don’t want that man to hear us!” said Jackson who also seemed to have a worried look of his own.  ”I know we shouldn’t have gone here and listened to those people who warned us but we have to get out of this nightmare.”

“What do we do?”

“We escape.  You both follow me and as soon as we see an exit, don’t run until I say run.  OK?”

“Yes.  What about you Amy?”

“I will,” replied Amy.

“Then let’s go,” said Jackson who was already halfway out of the tree.

* * * * * * * *

They all slowly walked.  It must have been hours and they were all stating to give up until Jackson said, “I see the end!  There’s the exit!”  There they all saw a gate with many scratches on it.  They all quickened their pace until there was a loud bang.  Another sound of a gunshot.  ”Run!” screamed Jackson.  Amy and Tabitha ran as quickly as they could but Amy couldn’t help but to look back.  She saw Jackson face to face with a giant man.  A man who seemed, no was 10 feet tall.

“Jackson!” Amy screamed but continued running.  Jackson grabbed a long dead branch and hit the gun out of the giant’s hand.  He was able to hit the huge person many times until his branch was taken by the force of the opponent.  Jackson was strangled and Amy watched as his body went limp.  She was out of the forest and watching from the outside of the gate.  The giant started running at her unarmed but as soon as he tried to pass the gate, he disappeared.  Amy was so shocked that all she could remember was waking up in the hospital.  Amy later came to reporters and they created the legend of the ‘Disappearing Giant’.

“He was a good person,” said Amy to the reporters.  ”Jackson risked his life for Tabitha and me.  I don’t how I could ever be so thankful, and yet so upset.”

“How do you see this man?” asked one of the reporters.

“He was a great leader,” replied Amy.  ”He risked his life so he could save others.  I remember running and looking at his face and seeing his confidence.  He must have known this was going to happen.  I know he did.  I’m sorry but no more questions for today.”

“But please let me ask another.”

“Fine.”

“Thank you.  What is your relationship with Jackson?”

“Oh.  Well, Tabitha was his girlfriend and… I’m his sister.”

END

3 comments »

1. kaiab7 says:

I really liked that story. It is so sad though. It really tells what leadership is all about. I really liked the ending it had a little twist. I think that Jackson is the perfect example of a leader. If they never went into the forest none of that would happen. I think that leadership is doing what is best for everyone and that’s exactly what Jackson did. Jackson had courage and that takes a lot in a person. I think Jasmine should write a whole book based on this story and what’s leading up to this.

2. jonathand7 says:

That was a really interesting story. It was very discriptive and I could picture what you were talking about in the story.

3. janisseem7 says:

I really like this blog. I felt that when someone is trouble is trouble we should help out, that’s what I learned. Jackson is the true definition of a leader.